Saturday, August 1, 2009

Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

My 5 year old daughter has beautiful long (past her butt) curly hair. When ever we go into the swimming pool I put leave in conditioner in it and braid it as well. Needless to say when she is done swimming it is a mangled mess! Does anyone have any hints on how to keep it from getting soooo knotty? Cutting it is not the answer, its too beautiful. She has NEVER had a hair cut!



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

I agree with Betty, but would add to use a swimmer's shampoo and wash immediately after getting out of the pool. Also, when you comb her hair, use the suave kid's spray detangler - it really helps!



Good luck - my daughter and I both have long fine hair that knots easily and we live in our pool. If you plan on using the pool a lot, you might find a swim cap to use - at five you might be able to trick her into wearing still by calling it a crown holder and putting a tiara on it.



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

I have the same problem with my three year old's hair as well as my own. We both have long hair and pool water makes it unbarable to brush. The solution? Don't try and brush it, go take a shower and make sure you use conditioner...when you get out it should have washed the stiff and chemical stuff right out and be managable to brush. This works every time for me and I hope it works for you. Good Luck.



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

After swimming try and put some conditioner in it for at least 3 min and rinse.



I've had success with my daughter's hair which is also long.



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

I agree, use conditioner before trying to brush it out. Also, make sure to brush from the ends up. Like, start at the bottom and brush downwards and then move up a bit and brush downwards... all the way to the top. I had long curly hair as a kid and my mom hurt my head so badly until she learned this.



Also, when she is in the shower and as the conditioner on her hair, try brushing it before you rinse out the conditioner. I do this on my hair still and it works very well.



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

Oh my God don't ever cut her hair!!! You know you say you leave in a conditioner? Well the chlorine wipes that out. That is why her hair is a mess. You know what you should do is when you braid it wrap it in a tight bun on her head. Make sure you pin it in tight so that it does not come out. Some thing like those synchronize swimmers do. When she is not swimming then use the conditioner. My sons hair is so long and curly also. Not as long as your daughters but the tangles makes me want to scream!!!



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

I love long hair on girls but until they can take care of it themselves - keep it short - it will always grow again.....



Very long knotty hair! HELP!!!?

Johnson the baby people make a fabulous product exactly for this, its called de-tangling spray, both my daughters had the same problem, it works a treat, used on wet or dry hair and leaves it shiny and tangle free, and is very kind to kids hair, and doesnt leave it feeling sticky etc and bonus, its smells lovely,



http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/hair-care/johnso...



not suggesting you buy it here, just to show you what it looks like, i can get it in any supermarket or chemist shop here, it should be very widely available, this was a life saver when they were young, no more tantrums when brushing hair, and it left it silky smooth, even after swimming, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment